HOT TOPICS LUNCHEONS
Our Hot Topics Luncheons provide discussions with a wide range of noteworthy local people about issues affecting our community. The cost of lunch is $15, although you may attend without purchasing lunch. Please pre-register for our luncheons on our events calendar. Note that our Hot Topics Luncheons have a NEW location this year:
Meet us at the Hops at the Paddock Restaurant at 11:30am
1945 W Columbia Street, Allentown, PA 18014
UPCOMING HOT TOPICS LUNCHEONS
- April 11, Bob Elbich (Lehigh County Commissioner-At-Large) will present “Massive Shale Gas Transport Through Lehigh County – Public Safety Risks.”
PREVIOUS HOT TOPICS LUNCHEONS
- January 10, Professor Chris Borick (Muhlenberg College) will present “Election Trends.” A recording of the meeting can be viewed here.
- February 14, Shannon Scoble (Member of the Allentown EMS) and Bill Stauffer (Director of the PA Recovery Organization Alliance Pro-A) will present “Addressing the Drug Issue in the Lehigh Valley” and “What are We Doing Locally and Statewide to Help People Suffering from these Disorders.” A recording of the meeting can be viewed here.
- March 14, Leah Purdy (Regulatory Specialist for Resource Environmental Solutions) will present “Habitat Creation for Native Beneficial Insects.” A recording of the meeting can be viewed here.
- September 13, Amanda Owen (Executive Director of the Justice Bell Foundation) presented “The History of the Justice Bell.” Click here for a preview of the Justice Bell documentary.
- October 11, Dawn Godshall (Executive Director of CACLV) presented “The Extensive Projects of the Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley.”
- November 8, Phil Armstrong (Lehigh County Executive) presented “State of the County 2021-2022.”
- December 13, Catherine Kessack (Executive Director VAST) presented “An Introduction to the Work of the Valley Against Sex Trafficking (VAST) Organization.”
Recordings of the Hot Topics Events listed below are available for viewing on YouTube.
January, “State of the County & Impact of COVID-19,” Phillips Armstrong, Lehigh County Executive
March, “Climate Change: Opinion and Policy,” Chris Borick, Ph.D. Muhlenberg College
September, “You’ll Miss Us When We’re Gone,” Bill White, The Morning Call columnist/blogger
October, “Can We End Gerrymandering – What is Next for Pennsylvania?” Mary Erdman, LWVLC, Vice-President, Programs and Action
November, “The Allentown Health Department – from Environmental Health Services to Covid-19”,
Vicky Kistler, Director of the City of Allentown Health Department
December, “Election Trends,” Chris Borick, Ph.D., Muhlenberg College