The League offers to host debates to every candidate running for local office, including third party candidates.
Note to Candidates
If you would like to set up a debate with us, please send an email as early as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Debate Request” in the subject line.
Please go to our Events Calendar for upcoming events.
VIDEOS OF 2022 DEBATES
Below are links to the videos of the 2022 candidate debates hosted by the League of Women Voters of Lehigh County:
- PA 14th Senate District Debate, 9/29/2022 – Dean Browning (R) and Nick Miller (D)
- PA 134th House District Debate, 10/6/2022 – Brent Labenberg (R) and Peter Schweyer (D)
- PA 22nd House District Debate, 10/10/2022 – Josh Siegel (D) and Robert Smith (R)
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION IN DEBATES
- A candidate must be legally qualified for the office he/she is seeking.
- A candidate’s name must appear on the official Pennsylvania ballot.
- In determining eligibility using these criteria, the burden of proof is on the candidate, not the League. A candidate must provide information to show that he/she meets the criteria at least three weeks before a scheduled taped or live event.
- The event will be canceled if only one candidate appears for a debate.