Candidates for local offices do not get much media attention and it is often hard to find issue-oriented information about them. The League holds candidate forums and debates where the audience can direct questions to the candidates.
Note to Candidates
If you would like to set up a candidate forum or debate with us, please send an email as early as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Candidate Forum/Debate Request” in the subject line.
UPCOMING CANDIDATE FORUMS AND DEBATES
Please go to our Events Calendar for upcoming events.
MEDIA REPORTS OF 2023 SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATE FORUMS
Below are links to articles about the School Board Candidate Forums hosted by the League of Women Voters of Lehigh County:
- Southern Lehigh School Board Candidate Forum, 9/26/2023
- Parkland School Board Candidate Forum, 10/11/2023
- East Penn School Board Candidate Forum, 10/17/2023
VIDEOS AND MEDIA REPORTS OF 2022 DEBATES
Below are links to the videos of the 2022 candidate debates hosted by the League of Women Voters of Lehigh County:
- PA 14th Senate District Debate, 9/29/2022 – Dean Browning (R) and Nick Miller (D)
- PA 134th House District Debate, 10/6/2022 – Brent Labenberg (R) and Peter Schweyer (D)
- PA 22nd House District Debate, 10/10/2022 – Josh Siegel (D) and Robert Smith (R)
CANDIDATE FORUMS HELD IN 2019
Below are the candidate forums hosted by the League of Women Voters of Lehigh County in 2019:
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION IN CANDIDATE FORUMS AND DEBATES
- A candidate must be legally qualified for the office he/she is seeking.
- A candidate’s name must appear on the official Pennsylvania ballot.
- In determining eligibility using these criteria, the burden of proof is on the candidate, not the League. A candidate must provide information to show that he/she meets the criteria at least three weeks before a scheduled taped or live event.
- The event will be canceled if only one candidate appears for a forum or debate.