INFORMATION IS POWER
The Voters Guide is a non-partisan compilation of each candidate running for office that is relevant to Lehigh and Northampton Counties. Each candidate receives an invitation from the League to participate through the Vote411 website to provide biographical material, information on their experience and responses to one or more questions relevant to their campaign. The Voters Guide is prepared prior to primary and general elections and is published as an insert in The Morning Call for every election.
The Voters Guide can be viewed or downloaded at the links above. It can also be viewed on The Morning Call site here.
CRITERIA FOR INCLUSION IN THE VOTERS GUIDE
- A candidate must be legally qualified for the office he/she seeks.
- All candidates whose names appear on the official certified ballot lists will be included. The LWV Board will determine which offices are to be covered in the Voters Guide.
- Letters with response forms will be sent to ballot-qualified candidates. The LWV Board does not assume responsibility to follow up with candidates who do not respond. “No response” will be listed for candidates who do not respond.
- Candidates who are unopposed will have only their name in the Voters Guide with the exception of candidates running for state and federal offices in General Elections,
- In the event of a legal challenge to a ballot candidate, the LWV will use its production deadline to determine certified candidates.
WE THANK THE MORNING CALL
We thank The Morning Call for continuing to support our non-partisan, twice yearly Voters Guide. The Morning Call provides extra copies of the Voters Guide to the Lehigh County and Northampton County Leagues for distribution to various locations, including libraries, senior centers and community centers.